Hackathon is a design sprint-like event in which programmers/developers, graphic designers, interface designers, project managers and others collaborate intensively in other to develop a software project usually for an educational or social purpose, in many case the goal is to create usable software.
In this Hackathon, 50 people will be participating which will be grouped into 10 groups, 5 people per group. Each group will have one or more of a UI designer, programmer/developer and a mathematics student and a physics student. Each group will be tasked to develop an android application that will provide solution to the following problems. The Hackathon will run for 24hours where the winner will be announced afterwards. Each participant will receive a branded shirt, memory stick and a pen upon registration. Winners will also be awarded. The target users are senior secondary school students and farmers.
- Students struggle in these areas selected, developing a simple and fun solution that will help them get through it.
- Encourage young developers/programmers to work as a team
- To build interest in STEM education
- To help digitize the agricultural sector
- Eliminate middle man cost (agriculture)
- Provide price control
- To have the most efficient and effective solution
All interested participants are advised to register here. For more info contact firstname.lastname@example.org or +234-9080 162264
- Bearing and Distance
Your application should be able to do the following:
- State the rules for solving Bearing and Distance (Hint: There are 3 rules)
- Use Cosine Rule and Sine Rule to solve the problem (Hint: Use b2=a2+b2-2ac COSB for Cosine Rule and sinA/a= sinB/b for Sine Rule)
- Show each step of your working clearly
Test your application with this problem:
An aircraft takes off from an airstrip at an average speed of 20km/hr on a bearing of 0520 for 3 hours. It then changes course and flies on a bearing of 0280 at an average speed of 3okm/hr for another 11/2 hours. Find;
- its distance from the starting point,
- The bearing of the aircraft from the airstrip.
Develop an application that will help connect farmers with buyers, transporters/transportation Company and processing plants.
Your app should have:
- Provide stock of goods for a particular farm and prices
- Ideal dates for planting 5 types of seeds
- Potential return after sales of products
All groups have 24hours to finish and submit their projects in a zipped folder to email@example.com. The name of each group should be in the subject of the mail
Jabi Airport Road Bypass (Ring Road)
Behind National Judicial Institute
Abuja, FCT, Nigeria
P: +234-9080 162264